all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Why Peter Attia Changed His Mind on Fasting

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
@Antti - my favorite beer is from a little brewery in PA called Troegs. Its a double bock called "The Troegenator" and it is styled after those beers drunk during fasting. Sadly I cannot find it outside of PA so its been a while since I had it.

I've posted before my theory that it's got to do with Vikings. Having sat in multicultural classrooms in Europe, I noticed that when, at the end of a long day, I asked, "Who's coming to the bar?" it was the English, Scots, Swedes, Norwegians, Russians and Poles who immediately replied, "Race you there!". The Germans, French, Belgians and Italians said, "no thanks we've got something better to do" or "no thanks we'll see you after for dinner." When offered a drink only the descendants of Vikings never have anything better to do and aren't interested in eating.
“Eatings cheating” haha

@Antti - my favorite beer is from a little brewery in PA called Troegs. Its a double bock called "The Troegenator" and it is styled after those beers drunk during fasting. Sadly I cannot find it outside of PA so its been a while since I had it.
Apparently this beer is available near me in New Jersey - will have to give it a try.

-S-

I love a good bock, although I go maibock instead of doppelbock. If you want to give a great maibock a try, pfriem has one.

Now that I’ve discovered I’m gluten intolerant I’m basically stuck with Stone Delicious IPA as every other gluten free/reduced is god awful. And idk if hard seltzers are terrible by design or what, but man do they suck.

I love a good bock, although I go maibock instead of doppelbock. If you want to give a great maibock a try, pfriem has one.

Now that I’ve discovered I’m gluten intolerant I’m basically stuck with Stone Delicious IPA as every other gluten free/reduced is god awful. And idk if hard seltzers are terrible by design or what, but man do they suck.
If you're gluten intolerant perhaps a rice beer would be okay, check that it doesn't have barley

Ever try Omission ?

Just switch to gin
Yeah, but sometimes nothing is quite as good as a cold lager on a hot day.
There are quite a few gf beers in the UK now. Peroni is often in restaurants and even some pubs.
Otherwise it's cider for me :)

If you're gluten intolerant perhaps a rice beer would be okay, check that it doesn't have barley
They do sadly, Asahi is one of my favorite beers. They make an all rice one but it isn’t for sale here.

Ever try Omission ?
Yeah, the issue is they tend to be over a year old on the shelves of the liquor store. Not sure if they would be better fresh, but I’ve been unimpressed.

Just switch to gin
I’ve been pretty into ranch waters (cocktail not the RTDs) lately, pretty refreshing in the heat.

@Hrungnir have you tried gluten free beers by Kukko? I think they started their conquest of the Americas some years back but I'm not sure if they ever got a foothold whatsoever. In any case, the beers are great and gluten free.

Peroni is TINA beer for me
Bad things happen to me whenever I drink pints of Peroni. It's uncanny that bad luck should be associated with such a fine beer amd pints (curously enough smaller glasses do not attract trouble) and it's doubly a tragedy because I'm an Italian citizen who ought to be able to enjoy a national treasure without being haunted by fear. While under the influence of pints of Peroni I have fought a dwarf, bought a racehorse, shared a hotel room for two nights with someone called Joy From Jamaica and taken a phone call from my boss and told her the truth. None of which ended well

Bad things happen to me whenever I drink pints of Peroni. It's uncanny that bad luck should be associated with such a fine beer amd pints (curously enough smaller glasses do not attract trouble) and it's doubly a tragedy because I'm an Italian citizen who ought to be able to enjoy a national treasure without being haunted by fear. While under the influence of pints of Peroni I have fought a dwarf, bought a racehorse, shared a hotel room for two nights with someone called Joy From Jamaica and taken a phone call from my boss and told her the truth. None of which ended well
High marks lad ( said with a Sean Connery accent ) .
Right up there with your ( I think it was you ) training with a newborn post.
IMO, Hall of Fame.

Funny thing with Peroni here in Scotland and probably UK generally is that it is marketed as a fancy pants drink that sophisticated Italians drink moderately in the evening sun of many piazza whilst singing opera and writing poetry.
My older daughter worked in Napoli and was over recently remarking that the locals knock back cans of Tennants super T because they think that's cool and end up totally rat arsed.

- my favorite beer is from a little brewery in PA called Troegs. Its a double bock called "The Troegenator" and it is styled after those beers drunk during fasting.

I'll be drinking this tonight, will report later or tomorrow.

Sadly I cannot find it outside of PA so its been a while since I had it.
Their website mentions they only allow it to be distributed if the distance is short enough not to compromise the freshness of the beer - my paraphrase but that's what I got from it. They're about a 2-1/2 hour drive from where we live here in NJ so I guess that's close enough.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom