all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Why Peter Attia Changed His Mind on Fasting

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Bad things happen to me whenever I drink pints of Peroni. It's uncanny that bad luck should be associated with such a fine beer amd pints (curously enough smaller glasses do not attract trouble) and it's doubly a tragedy because I'm an Italian citizen who ought to be able to enjoy a national treasure without being haunted by fear. While under the influence of pints of Peroni I have fought a dwarf, bought a racehorse, shared a hotel room for two nights with someone called Joy From Jamaica and taken a phone call from my boss and told her the truth. None of which ended well
Fits right in: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Their website mentions they only allow it to be distributed if the distance is short enough not to compromise the freshness of the beer - my paraphrase but that's what I got from it. They're about a 2-1/2 hour drive from where we live here in NJ so I guess that's close enough.

-S-
That’s marketing for, “we can’t seem to sell our beer outside of the local market.” In cans or kegs, even the most unstable beers stay fresh for weeks at the least, some beers stay fresh for months, and some for years (decades perhaps).

Bad things happen to me whenever I drink pints of Peroni. It's uncanny that bad luck should be associated with such a fine beer amd pints (curously enough smaller glasses do not attract trouble) and it's doubly a tragedy because I'm an Italian citizen who ought to be able to enjoy a national treasure without being haunted by fear. While under the influence of pints of Peroni I have fought a dwarf, bought a racehorse, shared a hotel room for two nights with someone called Joy From Jamaica and taken a phone call from my boss and told her the truth. None of which ended well
I am in lockstep with @Don Fairbanks . This is as fine a post as I have ever read. I’m sure quite a few of us would chip in for a videographer to film your next pint’s magical effects!!

Funny thing with Peroni here in Scotland and probably UK generally is that it is marketed as a fancy pants drink that sophisticated Italians drink moderately in the evening sun of many piazza whilst singing opera and writing poetry.
My older daughter worked in Napoli and was over recently remarking that the locals knock back cans of Tennants super T because they think that's cool and end up totally rat arsed.

I find it amusing that anyone would think Peroni is fancy.

It's made with corn.

Small amount of corn. Many US beers use a bit of rice in the same role. My favorite homebrew recipe used a bit of rye.
Locally, Peroni is mostly just served at Italian restaurants.

Peroni seems proud of their corn:

Which makes it "non beer" by German beer laws (if anyone still cares about the Reinheitsgebot).

Bud being another big corn beer.

I generally don't drink corn/rice adjunct beers unless TINA.

Presently drinking Megalodom triple IPA (10% ABV):

Nice. 16 oz at 10 % will be noticed.

Peroni seems proud of their corn:

Which makes it "non beer" by German beer laws (if anyone still cares about the Reinheitsgebot).

Bud being another big corn beer.

I generally don't drink corn/rice adjunct beers unless TINA.
As someone who has brewed many, many gallons of straight-up all grain homebrew in addition to batches with varying amounts of adjuncts, I can assure you in most cases you would not know or care the difference.

Bottom line, Peroni is good drinking beer by any standard. I envy Luke's adventures and would be honored to crush some Peroni draft at his side, come what may. I'll bring a mouth guard just in case...

As someone who has brewed many, many gallons of straight-up all grain homebrew in addition to batches with varying amounts of adjuncts, I can assure you in most cases you would not know or care the difference.

Bottom line, Peroni is good drinking beer by any standard. I envy Luke's adventures and would be honored to crush some Peroni draft at his side, come what may. I'll bring a mouth guard just in case...

I think Peroni is just pretty decent average, nothing particularly special.

And I would say that with or without knowledge of the corn (which I only recently learned).

It's not bad, but again, I can't imagine someone thinking it is fancy.

In the lager realm (not my favorite style), I much prefer Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser Budvar, Estrella Damm, Negro Modelo (if we can count dark lagers), or Kona lager.

Although I'd definitely take a Peroni over a Stella.

You put your hair in a man bun first I hope? Haha

I used to enjoy stronger IIPA’s and Belgians but just struggle with high alcohol beers now. Don’t really know why.

I think Peroni is just pretty decent average, nothing particularly special.

And I would say that with or without knowledge of the corn (which I only recently learned).

It's not bad, but again, I can't imagine someone thinking it is fancy.

In the lager realm (not my favorite style), I much prefer Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser Budvar, Estrella Damm, Negro Modelo (if we can count dark lagers), or Kona lager.

Although I'd definitely take a Peroni over a Stella.
On the rare occasion I see imported Spaten on tap, love it. But bottled beer doesn’t seem to travel well here. Probably because we’re at the arse end of the world.

I have Urquell in my fridge at the moment, though I can only do two or three before they become too heavy/filling. Part of the reason I prefer rice lagers. I’ve tried using flaked maize in them but I don’t like the flavour of maize/corn in beers.

That’s marketing for, “we can’t seem to sell our beer outside of the local market.” In cans or kegs, even the most unstable beers stay fresh for weeks at the least, some beers stay fresh for months, and some for years (decades perhaps).
Not always. There is a brewery in WI that makes amazing beers called New Glarus Brewing.
Whenever a beer fan finds out I'm from there the first question they ask is "You ever have spotted cow?" and the second being "Can you bring me a case next time you go up?"

Like a random bartender at a winery asked me to do this for them 1200 miles away from wisconsin.
On the rare occasion I see imported Spaten on tap, love it. But bottled beer doesn’t seem to travel well here. Probably because we’re at the arse end of the world.
I always thought it was a skunky beer until I had it in Munich and found out it is delicious fresh. It really doesn't travel well.

decades?

Not always. There is a brewery in WI that makes amazing beers called New Glarus Brewing.
Whenever a beer fan finds out I'm from there the first question they ask is "You ever have spotted cow?" and the second being "Can you bring me a case next time you go up?"

Like a random bartender at a winery asked me to do this for them 1200 miles away from wisconsin.

I always thought it was a skunky beer until I had it in Munich and found out it is delicious fresh. It really doesn't travel well.
Spotted Cow … meh. Haha I wasn’t terribly impressed by the NGB options I tried, but I’m not a huge beer guy so maybe it’s more me than them.

Back
Top Bottom