all posts post new thread

Old Forum Why S and S is awesome!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

prowler83

Level 3 Valued Member
Those who have been brainwashed by the bodybuilder no pain, no gain mentality will never get a program that consists of two exercises. Plus its hard to get the idea into peoples heads, that a strength training program doesn't actually need to induce pain and fatigue. People who may be familiar with a few of my posts know I been doing purely Swings, goblet squats and getups for the last 8 months with fantastic results.

Here is my opinion why this program is awesome.

1) Can allow whole body strength with limited equipment, few kettlebells. Any place any time. Relatively cheap compared to gym memberships.

2) Allows strength progression with relatively low volume, doesn't require much time. Good for busy business man, operators and the many with busy family work commitments.

3) This program can suit beginners and advanced. You could get your granddad doing this program, ( providing no certain medical issues). New girevik males may be working in the 16kg to 24kg range. Advanced girevik males could be working in the 32-48kg range. Though I believe most males getting to a 32kg like the book says your strength needs are well covered.

4) I believe the Getup aids other exercises well, especially the press.

5) The clean and snatch are more technical and have more dangers. The getup and swing are easier to learn and generally safer and as they allow progression on lower volume, thus the probability of injury is less. As its simple maths the more reps you do the more likely your gonna do a bad rep.

6) Using swings for power and strength means the girevik doesn't push himself in a fatigued high lactate acid state. Lowering probability of bad technique and injury again

Its like milking a cow, you fill the bucket with milk, then another bucket, the milk doesn't stop coming out. :)

Get it, do it!

Something that Pavel told me that really hit home on this forum once.

" The more tools you have the more distracted you become." - Pavel

Thanks, Aaron!

Ladies and gents, if you have read S&S, please post a review on

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/product-reviews/B00GF2HP9G/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom