all posts post new thread

Old Forum Why so few women SFG leaders?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Katenok

First Post
As I was reviewing the Master, Senior, and Team Lead SFGs, I was struck by how few women there are. Does anyone have insight into why this is? Besides knowledge, skills, and the obvious (strength), what does it take to become a leader in these ranks?

Thank you in advance for your insight.

Katya

Katya

There are at least 12 women in the leadership including Karen Smith as a Master SFG and we are always looking for the best instructors for advancement.

Funny, when I first started looking at this site and forum about a year ago, I saw the list of instructors and thought, "Why so many women SFG leaders?"  ;)  I didn't realize that everything that StrongFirst has to offer was applicable to women, and saw so few women on the forum.  I was (pleasantly) surprised to see so many on the list of leadership.

It is great to see women as leaders, instructors, and trainees here!!  And one thing has become VERY clear to me by now:  when it comes to instructors and students of StrongFirst techniques, gender is quite irrelevant, except as one aspect of selecting appropriate training weights, which applies to everyone anyway.

P.S.  Master SFG Karen Smith is beyond awesome!  She is my role model!

Thank you both Brett and Anna. The reason I ask this question is because I'm interested as to how an individual would work towards becoming a leader in SFG.  Are they elected based on skill set and knowledge? Physical tests?  If I aspired to work towards becoming an SFG leader, how would I go about doing that?

Anna- I, too, am inspired by Karen Smith!

Yekaterina, if I were to pick a single quality I find among all the members of the leadership of StrongFirst, it's that we lead by example.   There are several blogs here that address this subject - here is one of my favorites:

http://www.strongfirst.com/the-way-you-carry-your-strength-matters

I have known some of our leadership since before their appointment, and their qualities were clearly visible from the beginning - no fuss; no ego stroking required; excellent technique even when light weights didn't require it; strength that made heavy weights look easy; always kind, supportive, and helpful to everyone around them whether on the training floor or across the dinner table afterwards.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom