all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Why the talk test matters

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
So I just checked off the "simple" standard for royal S and S yesterday and since with my practice schedule, afternoons are usually touch up and recharge, I decided to swing the 36kg today and see how it feels, go down a size or two if needed.

100 reps in sets of 10 one arm swings completed and having friends and training partners around forced me to do a talk test often..

Not timing my rest but I felt really good afterwards and as if I got an energy boost...

This experience reminded me why unless testing for the standard, make most of your practice mindful and do not rush the clock.

simple" standard for royal S and S yesterday

Has this been published anywhere?
It comes up a lot but haven't seen the standards other than snatch and bent press.....what is the simple equivalent?
Thanks....and congrats!

Has this been published anywhere?
It comes up a lot but haven't seen the standards other than snatch and bent press.....what is the simple equivalent?
Thanks....and congrats!

Hitting the "simple" standard is a bare minimum pre requisite.. I suggest you talk to @Pavel Macek to see if you qualify :)

Thanks @Mark Limbaga..... I see. Not up for doing much else at the moment! Just curious to see the standards. Cheers

@ali , here are the prerequisites:

• At least "Simple" standard both for swings and get-ups. Preferably more than “Simple”
  • “You should have the 1-h swing mastered before you attempt frequent and/or high volume snatching with a heavy load.” (Al Ciampa).
  • Preferably ROP/SFG2 press standard - ladies 1/3 bodyweight military press, gentlemen 1/2 bodyweight military press.
  • Excellent overhead shoulder mobility.
  • Excellent snatch & bent press technique.
  • Access to various kettlebell weights.
  • Frequency: Almost daily practice - 3-4 times a week seems ideal, or 1 day on, 1 day off.
  • Consistency and sticking to the training plan for few months.

I think he's asking, what exactly did @Mark Limbaga do when he says, "I just checked off the "simple" standard for royal S and S yesterday" (i.e. what is the Simple standard for RSAS)

I think he's asking, what exactly did @Mark Limbaga do when he says, "I just checked off the "simple" standard for royal S and S yesterday" (i.e. what is the Simple standard for RSAS)

The RSAS "simple" snatch standard for men

28kg snatches 100 total (that's all I'll give for now unless the author gives the green light for more details)

@Anna C @ali
Still TBD - for time being, I am playing with different options, and wait for the feedback from the students.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom