all posts post new thread

Old Forum wide sumo squat stretch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ali

Level 7 Valued Member
The wide sumo squat stretch is something that I've never done until today. I'm off S&S as I tweaked a hamstring, tendon attachment possibly?, around the posterior medial knee. I've had medial knee pain last year possibly caused by a overactive sartorius and a tight vastus medialis. That was all resolved, I had thought. My current pain isn't in the same place exactly as before but near to it and figured it may or may not be related. Anyway, have rested my legs with no lower body stress other than walking and today I did a few stretches - and tried the wide sumo. Wow. It was if my body told me 'that is what I have wanted you to do all along' - there was this sensation of waking everything up...and my knee pain vanished. Can anyone help with explaining why this is so please? I'd love an explanation, if there is one. I used Pavel's cues of making space in the hips and lengthening the spine. It was an almost immediate relief of tension in my glutes and hips generally. Appreciate any views. Thank you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom