all posts post new thread

Old Forum Wierd problem, difficulty doing pistol squats first thing in the morning?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harry Westgate

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
This is a problem I've had when greasing the groove with pistols and OAPUs, both of which I can now do with strict form. However, if I wake up in the morning and attempt a set of each (since this seems like a logical time to do a GTG set) I can do the OAPUs, but I have serious difficulty balancing below parallel with the pistols and fall backwards. Could this be normal due to decreased muscle tone during sleep and therefore perhaps decreased balance and coordination as soon as I get out of bed or has no-one else found themselves having this issue? If I give it 30 minutes or so after getting up I can perform pistols with no real balance issues, so I don't know if this is just normal in terms of the effects of sleep or if it's a case of me simply needing to become more proficient at pistols.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Pistols are skills. Your nervous system may not be fully awake in the early morning. It happens the same with me. Try doing your first sets with light assistance.

I always need some warm up before pistols. On the other hand, I don't need it for HSPUs or OAPUs.

Skills are sophisticated drills. You have to fire many muscles (well, all of them) in a coordinated way. Your body has to do many things at the same time. It is like driving.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom