all posts post new thread

Barbell Wife squats

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dc

Level 7 Valued Member
Didn't know what title to put on this thread, didn't really what to start this thread.
My partner would like to increase the size of her butt & thighs, mainly butt. She doesn't exercise but is willing with right motivation. Not interested in anything else only size increase of said area. I suggested squats, we have the equipment. After being quite vague on number of squats & how often as this is not really my area of expertise, she pestered me constantly until I promised I'd "ask your peeps on that forum your always reading", so here we are. If you guys could assist in increasing my partners butt size she would be much appreciative. Insert embarrassed husband.

I think a good starting point could be deadlifts, squats and hip raises. Deadlifts with the smallest rep range and hip raises with the biggest. Three times a week with a different emphasis every time.

Who knows, maybe she'll enjoy feeling that everything she picks up is lighter than before and wants to start training for general well-being and strength also.

@Antti what are you thinking rep range? Deads say 5-10? Up to hip raises around 20? Remember not interested in strength at all just hypertrophy. Sorry mate sort of need specifics, as I'm really just guessing.

@Antti +1 for your suggestion. There's also several warm up moves that can activate the glutes prior to the deads and hip thrust. Step ups and lunges as well as sprints will do the job as well. RDL's for 10-15 reps would kill that area.

My partner would like to increase the size of her butt & thighs, mainly butt.

My fiancee is on steady diet of kettlebell swings, squats and straight leg deadlifts. Her only concern is this mentioned area.

Swings 2-3 times a week, 100 reps of 1h and 2h in sets of 10-20, squat and sldl once a week, 3 sets of 8-10 reps each. Weight should be challenging but keeping the good form is a priority. I believe that to achieve this goal it would be better to work with barbell more than once a week.

Its important to remember that hypertrophy needs specific diet. So far its the hardest part. Its not easy to convince a woman that she has to eat a lot of meat and generally eat a little more calories than usual, but we are making progress :)

Well in general I'd say deadlifts up to five with low total volume so they don't tire her up, especially in the beginning. I think squats could be good in the 8-12 rep range. Unweighted hip raises can be done for 10-20 reps but she could also do them with weights later on and lower the reps a bit based on her competency and strength.

In general, hypertrophy is more about a bigger rep range and shorter rests. If in doubt, a sufficient amount of sets of 5-10 with short rest should always be a good choice.

My partner would like to increase the size of her butt & thighs, mainly butt
I know squats always get mentioned for the butt, but they are not as great as people make them, because they will increase your thighs to the same degree or even more than your butt and they'll add overall mass to your body.
On parties and other social events I hear a lot of women wanting a bigger butt, which also most of the times means a bigger butt in relation to their thighs and waist. Squats won't help you with that.
Go to Bret Contreras site, he's called "the glute guy" for a reason.

I'll be honest, when I read this thread title I thought it meant "fireman carry" squatting one's wife!
Me too because my family will train that way sometimes when we travel. Each person does some squats or lunges with the next smaller person in a fireman carry. It's fun and the kids really enjoy it.

Me too because my family will train that way sometimes when we travel. Each person does some squats or lunges with the next smaller person in a fireman carry. It's fun and the kids really enjoy it.
Yeah I do lunge walks and Zercher squats with my boys (4 and 5), they are about 50 pounds each and they love it. Attempted a "clinging" chin-up with the 4 year old but I'm not there yet.

On behalf of my partner thanks guys. She is onto the Bret Contreras site. "Glute guy" what more could she ask for.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom