WNPF Sept 22 Bordentown NJ Powerlifting Meet

william bad butt

More than 300 posts
I signed up. 1st time in this federation. This is only my 2nd official meet (1st one was APA). Anybody else going to be there?

Regards,

Eric

william bad butt

More than 300 posts
I think they charge like 5 or 10 bucks to attend. I would love to have the company! Who wouldnt want to watch a bunch of overweight guys on high protein diets in tight clothing lift weights in a confined space!

I'll send you my cell phone. Call/text if you decide to show up.

Regards,

Eric

Steve Freides

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Senior Certified Instructor
I'd have to weigh in Saturday at 5 pm, come home and play Saturday night, play Sunday morning, and hope I made it back there before the deadlifts started on Sunday afternoon. It's about an hour and half drive each way for me.

Not likely but I won't rule it out completely just yet. Looks like my 365 lbs. @ 67.5 kg, M60-64 Raw is still the WNPF national record.

-S-

william bad butt

More than 300 posts
@Steve Freides

That sounds like a busy weekend! But if you do end up making it I look forward to meeting you!

Congrats on the long standing record! I just checked the WNPF website and there is a great chance that I could break all 4 of the national records in my category: Squat, bench, deadlift, and Total. I dont care about the records, but it would be a nice bonus.

Any pros or cons about how WNPF runs there meets? I only did an APA meet once. It was great except I felt extremely rushed warming up for my squats.

Regards,

Eric

Steve Freides

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Senior Certified Instructor
Of late, the only federations I lift in are the USAPL and the WNPF. I like WNPF meets - nice folks, well-run meets, and because I usually do the night-before weigh-ins, it’s easy for me to make weight, too.

Speaking of long-standing records, I think at least one of my AAU marks still stands, and that was either 45-49 or 50-54, so it was a while ago. Just goes to show you that there ain't much competition in the old, skinny guy divisions.

I am definitely not doing this - life is monstrously busy now here. White lights to everyone who's competiting. Wear a StrongFirst shirt if you've got it, and get some pictures.

-S-

Top Bottom