all posts post new thread

Barbell WNPF Sept 22 Bordentown NJ Powerlifting Meet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

william bad butt

Level 7 Valued Member
I signed up. 1st time in this federation. This is only my 2nd official meet (1st one was APA). Anybody else going to be there?

Regards,

Eric

I think they charge like 5 or 10 bucks to attend. I would love to have the company! Who wouldnt want to watch a bunch of overweight guys on high protein diets in tight clothing lift weights in a confined space!

I'll send you my cell phone. Call/text if you decide to show up.

Regards,

Eric

I'd have to weigh in Saturday at 5 pm, come home and play Saturday night, play Sunday morning, and hope I made it back there before the deadlifts started on Sunday afternoon. It's about an hour and half drive each way for me.

Not likely but I won't rule it out completely just yet. Looks like my 365 lbs. @ 67.5 kg, M60-64 Raw is still the WNPF national record.

-S-

@Steve Freides

That sounds like a busy weekend! But if you do end up making it I look forward to meeting you!

Congrats on the long standing record! I just checked the WNPF website and there is a great chance that I could break all 4 of the national records in my category: Squat, bench, deadlift, and Total. I dont care about the records, but it would be a nice bonus.

Any pros or cons about how WNPF runs there meets? I only did an APA meet once. It was great except I felt extremely rushed warming up for my squats.

Regards,

Eric

Of late, the only federations I lift in are the USAPL and the WNPF. I like WNPF meets - nice folks, well-run meets, and because I usually do the night-before weigh-ins, it’s easy for me to make weight, too.

Speaking of long-standing records, I think at least one of my AAU marks still stands, and that was either 45-49 or 50-54, so it was a while ago. Just goes to show you that there ain't much competition in the old, skinny guy divisions.

I am definitely not doing this - life is monstrously busy now here. White lights to everyone who's competiting. Wear a StrongFirst shirt if you've got it, and get some pictures.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom