all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Wood Wall Rack

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Am I the only one who looks at stall bars and thinks of raised-feet pushups? One rung at a time until you're doing hspu.

Hello,

It is a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't have stall bars so I elevate my feet with a TRX. My HSPU are against a wall, even if it would be possible to do them with the TRX.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@Boosh32 @Harald Motz You have got me thinking of all kinds of ideas now for a video-worthy studio. So if you see Anna C kettlebell instructional videos someday in the near future, with a wooden wall, a mirror, and a Sprossenwand in the background, let it be known that the idea started here...

Is that a stairway to heaven?
That's art, that's what that is.
A fine, a mighty fine example.

Hello,

@Billy59
Would not you prefer a suspension trainer ?

Indeed, if you yet have a PU bar you can do lots of exercises (HLR, pull ups & chin ups, front & back lever).

For HSPU, a wall is enough. You may need something to increase ROM but that is all.

A suspension trainer will do a great job for HSPU and lots of core work (all kind of abs, plank, push ups...). But may be it is my "low tech" approach ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Definitely wasn't suggesting installing wall bars just for that purpose; more of a "target of opportunity" thing.

Hello,

@Billy59
Ah ok ! I did not understand well. I am sorry.

In that case, yes it can be a good idea. Making sets & reps on a bar, then switching on the bar above and so on until reaching HSPU is not a bad idea, far from it ! It will also work your core at the same time, and full tension in a smooth progression

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Harald Motz
Very impressive !

What are the benefits do stretch with a Sprossenwand comparing to stretch on the floor ? Is it a matter of balance ? Is a way to put some strength in stretch ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet'

I have using a Sprossenwand in my knee replacement physical therapy and it is possible to do a lot of BW movements and positions that can't be done on the floor. It all depends on your goals. A ladder firmly secured with a couple of ratchet straps can be used to see if it something you find useful.

@pet: stretching ability is visible by the step the leg is resting on. Especially for kicking martial arts I would consider it as a very valuable tool.

I find the dosing of tension to the stretched muscle and targeting to different muscle areas through shifting the body slightly a bit easier and more comfortable than on the ground.

In general, on the wall rack is the same as one the ground, but it is different.

A new task at PT Thursday was step-ups on the operated leg at the Sprossenwand. At first I had my hands above a bar not touching and most reps I had to cheat a little by engaging the bar. For some reason StrongFirst techniques came to mind so I changed my hand position to under the bar with fingers not touching in a hooked position. The improvement was immediate and I only had to lightly stabilize a few times. It was a good reminder that the little things make a big difference.

I have a space in my garage that I have been planning to put a Stall bar since I moved here in April, just have not gotten around to ordering it yet. SOON though it is a must for 2017. Lots of great training options for these. Someone above mentioned a free standing version, check out rogue as they have one that would attached to a rack that could later be moved.
They are fairly inexpensive. If anyone is in Texas that wants to make me one - PM me :)
otherwise this is on my shopping list in the very near future.

I have a space in my garage that I have been planning to put a Stall bar since I moved here in April, just have not gotten around to ordering it yet. SOON though it is a must for 2017. Lots of great training options for these.
wooden Sprossenwand, highly recommended.

another simple solution is getting a aluminium ladder ( a tested one about 150kg reliable, maybe sawed at length to fit into a room ), about 4 screws, a few washers, a few nuts, 4 dowels. A little bit of drilling ability, and ready to go.

All attached to a sturdy wall. I do not have experience with a freestanding rack, but I want a unshakable one.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom