all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Woop

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Suggy3001

Level 1 Valued Member
I pressed the beast yesterday which also ticked the box for my half bodyweight press. Taken about 18 months of training but I am surprisingly chuffed about it as when I started it seemed almost impossible. The most awesome thing was I managed to do it left handed as well.

Don't know whether to stick with pressing or jump across to the snatch test. Anyway I am buzzed and felt like sharing, the hard work is worth it when you hit your goals, it just felt great when I knew I had it, might have scared the neighbours ROFL (y)

I pressed the beast yesterday which also ticked the box for my half bodyweight press. Taken about 18 months of training but I am surprisingly chuffed about it as when I started it seemed almost impossible. The most awesome thing was I managed to do it left handed as well.

Don't know whether to stick with pressing or jump across to the snatch test. Anyway I am buzzed and felt like sharing, the hard work is worth it when you hit your goals, it just felt great when I knew I had it, might have scared the neighbours ROFL (y)
Well done!

Pressing the beast is a feat in and of itself regardless of 1/2 bodyweight or not. Congrats!

Congrats! 18 months to the beast is pretty brief. What was your starting weight and how did you train to achieve that awsome feat of strength?

Thanks guys, sometimes with KBs you don't get those PB moments so pretty happy at the moment.

Congrats! 18 months to the beast is pretty brief. What was your starting weight and how did you train to achieve that awsome feat of strength?

I had a brief look at my records and I pretty much went up the weights from 24kgs, started using traditional 3x8 routines before switching to 5x5 ladders. I used these from about 28kgs to 36kgs over about 9 months, for the last 3 months I have been using a 3x3 ladder with the 40kg to save time. Pressing has been a big part of my training for quite a while.

nice! what did you start with?

love the use of the word chuffed! never heard it before. lol

Just seemed the right word :)

Excellent - Congrats

When is your Level 2 ?

I use an alternating approach. Go for another goal but come back to a pressing focus once a year for a couple months. For example, after hitting my double bodyweight deadlift, I have taken a deadlift focus for two months during a couple of months in the winter to get it back up. It took less time this year. Or press just once a week while working on something else. I always get better results with a single focus and three times a week (doesn't include S&S). Basically you keep topping off your baseline so you don't lose it but it keeps it interesting by working on new skills. Also, it gets exponentially harder the higher you go as you know so there is diminishing returns if time is limited. Could you put that overhead power to work with the double clean and jerk?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom