all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Working out when traveling

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Have experimented with various options and the best I have found is using Tom Furmans Armour of war (epub) for which equipment wise you need something to do pulling motions (eg TRX or similar) and a very heavy power band (eg Rogue band) for a hinge exercise. His program consists of push, pull, squat and hinge with some ab work and also longer duration cardio. You can add your own postural alignment, flexibility, mobility on easily enough as that is all bodyweight and requires no equipment.

On handles for pull ups\bands, watch those cheap ones which are light weight plastic as the handle can fail if it gets a crack in it. Several years ago, I have had 1 do that one when doing pullups (I discovered I can't do one arm pull ups). If it was attached to a band then a rebound injury might have occurred (depending on exercise). Solid metal handles are available (see photo) and these pack small. These are Iron Edge brand but others probably make them as well.

1655430058353.png

i am ashamed to say that I have only started doing both of those recently.....
A very nice banded drill is doing supinated straight arm raises to the front or in the scapular plane (about 45 degrees out). While standing, anchor the band behind you just at/around waist height and grip it with both hands. Depending on your strength and what bands you have available, you may have to grip it such that you aren’t “doubling” the band on each side at first. Depending on where you anchor it you might be able to “raise” either just to about what would be a planche position or almost overhead. If any of that description is confusing let me know.
I honestly wish I could figure out why are my lats the main driver behind my pulls.
I want to be a bodyweight purist but.....
I mean, your lats should be your main pulling muscle…being how big they they are. Biceps would be secondary. Heavy curls, heavy chins and straight arm work is what I would do.

I haven't travelled much lately but if I'm going to be gone for weeks, I do my best to get a couple day passes at local gyms if I can. Other than that, bands/calisthenics/stretching/bodyweight exercises that I can do at a park/etc are going to the best I can do.

I use bands from elitefts. If you're smart about using them, they last years. I generally use them for shoulder and mobility stuff and tricep work (and sometimes banded barbell work), but there are a million ways to use them.

Im 155 lbs....I can do 35 pullups max .
These days I usually do 3 sets of pulls:
set 1-Pullups 30
set 2-Chinups 25 (palms facing me)
set 3-ntrl grip chins- 30

I have played around with the sets and reps numbers alot over the years....I do bulk but most of my bulk goes to my lats....
The only thing that does the trick is iso work
If you would make a video of these I'd be pretty impressed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom