all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Working out when traveling

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abishai

Level 5 Valued Member
Hey all,
Just got word that I might be overseas for a whole month...
Does not seem that I will have access to a gym as of now..
Since I do mainly Bodyweight Im not that concerned as all I need is a jump rope and a pullup bar.
The one thing I need is dumbells/kettlebells for accessory work......
anyone have any recc for bands that can give 25-50 lbs of resistance?
I have had bad experience with ripping a junky pair...
any recc or alternitive methods are welcome...

Hey all,
Just got word that I might be overseas for a whole month...
Does not seem that I will have access to a gym as of now..
Since I do mainly Bodyweight Im not that concerned as all I need is a jump rope and a pullup bar.
The one thing I need is dumbells/kettlebells for accessory work......
anyone have any recc for bands that can give 25-50 lbs of resistance?
I have had bad experience with ripping a junky pair...
any recc or alternitive methods are welcome...
Rogue Monster Bands

I don't mean to complicate things with a very silly suggestion but I am very happy with my x3 bar.

It's more expensive and it helped me gain a great deal of mass and visible musculature and strength with it.

I’ve had those since 2015 and they are fantastic. In fact, I’m currently in a hotel room and about to train with them!

I’ll do HSPUs and pistols with bodyweight but I like having a rowing option when I’m away, which is predominantly how I use these.

There isn’t a hint of perishing or cracking, even seven years on. Highly recommended.

I have used a set of Rubberbanditz for a few years (red/black/green/purple, med/heavy/extra heavy/ultra?). I haven't check the price but I'd wager they cost less than Rogue. I've never needed handles for them.

Besides the plethora of bodyweight exercises out there, bands allow you do a ton more. Just buy or make a door frame anchor to get more variability and you're set.

I do both....
I just dont get enough mass on my arms and shoulders from them. My lats for some reason get huge and my bicep stays small
What is your current set and rep scheme for HSPU and pullups and at what bodyweight??

What is your current set and rep scheme for HSPU and pullups and at what bodyweight??
Im 155 lbs....I can do 35 pullups max .
These days I usually do 3 sets of pulls:
set 1-Pullups 30
set 2-Chinups 25 (palms facing me)
set 3-ntrl grip chins- 30

I have played around with the sets and reps numbers alot over the years....I do bulk but most of my bulk goes to my lats....
The only thing that does the trick is iso work

I do both....
I just dont get enough mass on my arms and shoulders from them. My lats for some reason get huge and my bicep stays small
OK. To your earlier question, you could wrap a band around a vertical or horizontal pole, or place under your feet, and use a broom handle, stick, pipe etc as your bar for curls, rows, tricep ext, and MP's.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom