all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Working toward Simple Goal and GTG (pistols & 1 arm pushups) simultaneously

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cody Coppel

First Post
I tried to find a previous thread on this with no luck.

I started working toward the Simple goal about a month ago. I've been consistent with working on swings and get ups 6 days a week. I just read the Naked Warrior and am eager to start working on pistols and 1 arm push ups. I'm worried about one interfering with the other. I'm a little worried to over train and possible sustain and injury. I feel like logically I could ease in the GTG workout until I feel like it's too much and then back off. Clearly some may be able to handle more than others when it comes to overall work load.
I would like to know if anyone has tried to simultaneously tackled both of these practices.

In general I would avoid pressing exercises while doing GTG for the pushup. When I achieved my pushup I was doing a 3 day a week program, but with upper body pressing involved.
One thing at a time is probably your best bet. Heavy one hand swings, which need the ability to use proper breathing and tension effectively swing heavy, will have some transfer to your pushup.
Welcome to the forum.

I tried to find a previous thread on this with no luck.

I started working toward the Simple goal about a month ago. I've been consistent with working on swings and get ups 6 days a week. I just read the Naked Warrior and am eager to start working on pistols and 1 arm push ups. I'm worried about one interfering with the other. I'm a little worried to over train and possible sustain and injury. I feel like logically I could ease in the GTG workout until I feel like it's too much and then back off. Clearly some may be able to handle more than others when it comes to overall work load.
I would like to know if anyone has tried to simultaneously tackled both of these practices.
I would be worried about overdoing it too, as you are. There is also big overlap between all exercises.

It depends o how fit you are. Building you way up to Simple is demanding in itself. Achieving the pistol and OAPU is demanding too. You are basically trying to achieve 3 goals at once. Keep in mind that most the population can't do any of those 3.

Is there any reason you want to achieve all at once? Why not do one at a time?

I just feel like a can handle a little more. Maybe because I just started the simple goal and the weights are not very demanding yet.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom