all posts post new thread

Old Forum working up to the beast

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Johnny Bird

Level 3 Valued Member
Inspired by Tommy Blom's Beast Month, I've come up with my own 6 week version working with 36kg 1 & 2 hand swings.

36kg – left arm swing x 5 / right arm swing x5 / 2 arm swing x5 / rest / repeat 20x – no time limit on rest at this point, but eventually i’ll strive to compress rest periods - 3x/week

I'm logging it at Man Against Gravity - Heavy Swings.

@JohhnyBird

You can make a cheap T-Handle from your local hardware store for about 18 bucks.

I have mine loaded up with 145 lbs.

http://www.davedraper.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.T-Handle

I hit a PR today with the 36kg...
5 left arm swings / 5 right arm swings / 5 2-arm swings / rest
x 30 in 50 minutes
not quite as speedy as some, but definitely a milestone for me... now to work on timing/shortening the rest periods!

@Mike Moran

Thanks for the input - I've seen that article before. My attempts at homemade gear are always a complete disaster. I'll be sticking to swinging kettlebells for now, anyway.

great work Johnny, both programing and swinging! I would think based on those numbers you'd be ready for the 40kg.

Halfway through this 6 week cycle - time has leveled out at about 45 minutes. Maybe this will decrease in the next couple of weeks, but I'm more focused on actually completing the 3 sessions each week.

@NJRick

Thanks, man... Depending on the overall result of this cycle - a 40 (and 48?!) may be in my future.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom