all posts post new thread

Old Forum Workout block

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Siemen

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I need some help with my workout. I'm very bad at making workouts for myself. I have no idea what exercises to pick, the amount of sets and reps etc. I have been doing grease the groove lately doing KB deadlift 2x24 kg (=48kg) and military press 24kg. But I really suck at the moment at doing military presses. I have one 16kg KB wich is too light. And this one seams to heavy. As a student, I can't afford to buy another 20kg. I want to master the 24 kg KB and build strength with that.

My background with kettlebells is maybe familiar: I had excess bodyfat, was overweight and had bad energy. Then I bougt a KB and started practicing. I only saw results when I also began dieting. I've lost 8kg since I started dieting maybe 2 months ago. But I still have excess fat, especially around the belly. So now I want to get rid of this fat. But my main goal is strength (and a little muscle too, love those damn athletic shoulders).

I think I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. If someone could help me, I would deeply appreciate it. If this is not allowed to ask here, then my apologies.

Siemen

Read Enter the Kettlebell.  That's the go-to right now when it comes to single kettlebell work.

You can duck tape 2x2 kg round weights to the bottom of the kettlebell, and you'll get the 20 kg kettlebell. Then work with ROP or PM if you want to.

What other exercises are you doing besides Deadlifts and pressing? Have you done swings? I would recommend finding an SFG near you. If there isn't anyone near that you can see in person, email me and I will help you with your program design etc.

Karen@kettlebell-elite.com

Maybe going back to PM won't be a bad idea.

Karen, I've been doing also swings to get some conditiong after practicing my deadlift and press. I live in Belgium so I think there's no SFG near me. Going to send you an e-mail

Happy to help, I will be looking for your email.

Another option:

Pick your excercises and do 20 to 25 minutes to Tabata-style intervals (ie, 20 sec work, 10 sec rest).

You could do a simple 25 minutes of snatches, alternating sides each 20 seconds.  Or, you could make it more complex and add in other exercises.  Typically, I do the following, 10 sets (5 minutes) each exercise  for 25 minutes:

1- body weight pulls (back work using a suspension trainer or pullup bar)

2- swings

3-bottoms up presses

4-ab roll outs

5- push ups (typically on the suspension trainer)

I've also done 25 minutes of 24kg snatches, 25 minutes of jump rope with some plyometrices mixed in, and 25 minutes of swings with snatches mixed in.  One of my favorite KB excercise is what I call the shotput (swing the KB up into a jerk, letting go of the handle then catching the ball in your hand; explode upward and shotput the bell up and slightly out; catch the bell on the way down, swinging it back up into a jerk; repeat)

As TGUs are a slower exercise, they don't fit well into the Tabata protocol.  Outside of that, it seems virtually any bodyweight or KB exercise seems to work.

Have fun and be creative!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom