all posts post new thread

Old Forum Workout critique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

shawn smith

Level 1 Valued Member
I have just completed the rite of passage I moved from using a 20 kg bell and pressing the 32 to using the  24 kg bell and pressing the 40kg bell.

My number one goal is fat loss so I've thought about switching from rite of passage to a workout program that involves doing complexes three days a week and on the other 2 days doing cleans and press ladders ala  rite of passage. I'm also adding in some snatch work one day a week some extra swing work one day a week and get ups on one of the clean and press days... the snatch work and the extra swing work are done after complexes a couple of days a week.

ive lost 40 lbs of bodyweight - down from 325 to 283 , standing at 6-1.

the complexes are typical of those found on pat flynns site - chronicles of strength

.thoughts/suggestions? Am I trying to reinvent the wheel here or does this sound like I'm on the right path? My goal is to attend an SFG  lèvel 1 cert next summer.

You can't go wrong with Pat Flynn's "birth of a hero" program with those goals

Shawn, sounds like you lost 40 lbs on the ROP.  That is 12% of your body mass!  That is awesome, bro.  On top of that you got a heck of a lot stronger, which is awesome in its own right, but that extra lean muscle mass with help burn fat for years to come.

Sounds like you are doing it right, rather than doing it quick-but-temporary like most people.  One question: Why do you want to mess with success?  Have you hit a plateau?

One of my favorite Dan John quotes: "This workout/diet/fill-in-the-blank worked so well I stopped doing it!" or something to that effect.

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom