all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Workout program with barbell lifts, calisthenics and kettlebell training

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

yessir

First Post
Can someone point me in the direction to a good lift the incorporates the aforementioned workouts. I want barbell lifts in the form of compound and potentially olympic lifts, and calisthenics and kettlebell work for developing strength and conditioning

I want barbell lifts in the form of compound and potentially olympic lifts, and calisthenics and kettlebell work for developing strength and conditioning
Do you have a specific goal or just "strength and conditioning?" You can get in shape with any of the modalities you listed.

Do you have a specific goal or just "strength and conditioning?" You can get in shape with any of the modalities you listed.
Initially I was planning on just doing kettlebell and calisthenics alongside cardio in the form of running/biking. My rationale was to build up as much endurance and functional strength possible for the role of doing better in martial arts. But I also want to ensure I put some mass on rather than being shredded and strong. So I felt that incorporating compound lifts in the form of barbell lifts would allow me to progressively overload in the gym better and guarantee some better results on the size front (as well as strength). Would love to hear your opinion on this rationale.

Initially I was planning on just doing kettlebell and calisthenics alongside cardio in the form of running/biking. My rationale was to build up as much endurance and functional strength possible for the role of doing better in martial arts.
This would be a good plan. Kettlebell training will support running / biking / martial arts.

But I also want to ensure I put some mass on rather than being shredded and strong. So I felt that incorporating compound lifts in the form of barbell lifts would allow me to progressively overload

This is a completely different goal. You will need to decide which direction you want to go.

What is your current experience level with barbells / olympic lifting / kettlebell training?

You're trying to do too much.
Read this article to help you structure the next year of training.

I'd suggest you focus on Martial Arts if that's the goal and sprinkle in some easy endurance as you've mentioned, then just pick one form of strength training, for example;
Block 1 you could run Simple & Sinister, Block 2 you could run Starting Strength/StrongLifts, Block 3 you could run ETK/RoP and Block 4 you could hire an Olympic Weightlifting coach.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom