all posts post new thread

Old Forum WPC russia, bur for DL and OP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pombopierre

First Post
Hi, mr. Tsatsouline.

My name is Pierre. Weight about 75ish KG 168cm.

Large goals, a 30kg PR for 2013 in DL and reach 80kg overhead press.

I dont mind adding muscles, but no primary goal.

Im pretty much a newbie to strenght training with a max DL last year of 170kg and 60kg of overheadpressing. With my current work, I rarely get to sleep more than 4-5hours.  I have had a break from deadlifting of 2-3months, but now ive started using the WPC russia template of youre PTP pro book, since I figured I would train only 2-3times a week. I dont have  a squat stand or powerack. I got my barbell and kettlebells ranging from 8-32kg.

I started out pretty easy with overheadpressing 40kg 6reps 3sets, and 6x6 20kg KB presses, and the light session with 30kg 10x3sets and pullover tri ext with 24kg bell, 12x3.

Deadliftsession started with clean and front squat 40 2repsx7sets and DL swith 125x6 130x5 (losed form and stopped) and 120x6. rested for a while and behind back DL 100kg 5x3 and KB swings.

I dont really care about benching, but may floorpress as a comp. exercise?

Deadlift with normal stance or semi sumo. Overhead as the form in PTP PRO.

Kind regards

Pierre

Pierre, you may use the overhead press instead of the bench; no need for the floor press.

Did I answer your question?

Yeah pretty much, also wondering if I didnt mess upp the whole template, with doing light KB presses afterward (instead of doing several isolation´s, im focusing of using a light bang for buck) and is it a to lofty a goal of such an increase?

By the way did I get the template correctly?

Thanks for answering :D

Pierre, I have reviewed the WPC Russia template and think you need to do something else.  The 1/6 days frequency will work for the DL but since you do totally different exercises from the ones recommended, you should do something different.  E.g., a linear DL cycle with 3x5 and then 3x3, warming up with front squat.

Overhead presses demand much more frequent training. Perhaps you could GTG HSPs or OAPs.

OK, thanks for you're help, I appreciate it.

Then i will make the cycle about DL twice a week and use something like the soviet weightlifting for the OHP  to make it simple?

Thanks again for helping me out.

Pierre, once in 6 days is fine.  Here is a sample cycle, in kilos:

125x5/2 (reps/sets)

130x5/2

135x5

140x5

145x5

150x5

155x3

160x3

165x2

170x2

Max

Thanks, i´ll update this forum later with my progress ^_^

If I feel fresh and strong, is a technique or extra day with f.ex zercher lifts with medium weight and volume a good idea, or just what you would call; random acts of variety? They helped me alot before to increase DL.. even though my DL isnt that great... or is it better to practice the DL technique.

Sorry for bother with these questions, haha, but I am really curious.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom