all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Wrist/Forearm hurt after TGU finish

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

VincentDC

Level 7 Valued Member
Anyone ever accidentally bring KB down hard to ground and hurt their forearm/wrist? Just did for 40 kg. Been a bit sensitive but can still lift. Trying to see if anyone had same issue and what your healing process was like. Thank you!

Tough to say from your description. Might be good to get a professional opinion, e.g., a bruised forearm, a sprained wrist, or whatever else it may be.

-S-

Thank you Steve
You're welcome. If it's a sprained wrist, I and a few other people I know have had success with, strange as it might seem, wearing a wrist brace to sleep in but not using it during the day. I have no idea why this works and, as I said above, I also have no idea if you have a sprained wrist, either.

Best of luck to you.

-S-

Anyone ever accidentally bring KB down hard to ground and hurt their forearm/wrist? Just did for 40 kg. Been a bit sensitive but can still lift. Trying to see if anyone had same issue and what your healing process was like. Thank you!

As Steve said, get that checked.

Heavy tgu can overload the wrist. Get it rested a bit, if you can lift, go lighter for a few days and try the stretches mentioned here:

Thank you again Molson and Steve. I think it’s starting to get better. Great exercises Molson. Also dropped down to 32 kg on the affected side; as long as the wrist doesn’t feel like it’s being bent backward during TGU, then I know I’m on track.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom