all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Wrist guard recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chris Beasley

Level 1 Valued Member
Swinging and TGU cause haven't caused any issues for me so far, but I'm starting to play around with adding cleans to my workout every now and then in a GTG practice style. Since I've started, I've had some painful irritation on my forearms. I've had some angry red bumps form at the contact point, and for the first day or so, the area around them is a little swollen/puffy. Not sure if I'm angry the hair follicles or what, but I figure covering the area when doing cleans will probably solve the problem.

I've seen mention of using wrist guards on the forum, but a quick Amazon search yielded several options. Anyone have any experience with a specific brand they could recommend?

If its mostly for static lifting you can pass a small towel through the horns and let it rest over the bell. Otherwise I've had good luck with regular lifting wraps.

I have the Kettleguard brand, but I hardly used them. I bought them when I first started with Kettlebells. I find them sweaty and don't use them anymore. However, when learning the snatch properly, it was nice to have them. I use them when going up in weight for snatches or cleans, and I want to test out the heavier weight. The Nike wrist brands are a great idea.

Hello,

@Chris Beasley
Boxing band can also be a good option if you tie them high enough on the wrists. You fix the band to your thumb, and then you simply wrap. It is maintained thanks to a Velcro

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom