all posts post new thread

Old Forum Wrist Trouble

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

carrotman

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey Everyone,

I've been training (on and off) with kettlebells for about a year or so. In that year i've attended a couple of seminars, read ETK and read everything here on StrongFirst. My ambition is to get stronger, and eventually get strong enough to do the Strongfirst certified kettlebell course.

There's one thing that's getting in my way - my right-hand wrist! For some reason, there's something in swings that messes up my right-hand wrist.

Whenever I've done a few swings, I can guarantee that i'll have wrist pain the next day and lose a bit of wrist flexibility. I want to train harder, but I'm always wary of this.As far as i'm aware I have a neutral grip that shouldn't cause harm.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or know of any solutions?

Haha sorry, man! I thought that's what you were suggesting.

To answer your question properly, nope no other repeated actions. It's definitely down to the swings, as whenever I take it out of my routines the pain begins to go away. And as soon as I add it back in it comes back.

One armed swings give me no problems. It's only two armed swings.

Is there any issue with not doing any two armed swings, and doing one armed swings only?

Are wright or left handed ?
What is your stronger side ?
Could be due an imbalance between right and left side affecting your grip on the right side.
Could also be due to a past injury ornoveruse injury.
Best to have an X-Ray and/ or ultra sound, and check your strenght in both arms, wrists and both hands grip.

Hi Marc, thanks to pay attention at the " ladies " reading this forum.
I don't know if there is a lot " reading ", but there is not a lot " posting "?
Not enough ...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom