all posts post new thread

Kettlebell wrist

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jim16

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
hello all

can someone give me or link me a thread with all wrist tip for strong wrist??
i have iron mind coc T & 1 and band too

im a near the simple goal and i experiment some wrist pain on my left where the bell stand....
pain too with gtg CoC in the day, and the wrist dont feel stronger when i S&S? its worst

i have little wirst, not a strong guy im about 75kg , i have experiment different way to catch the bell...
I do in the corner strong grip , the bell stay in the palm and on the forearm it seem very well but the pain is here....

i dont feel anything in the right arm with all grip possibility

power to strongfirst people!!

Thank you pet I Will increase some grip routine and some health routine for my wrist. Also take care of thoses tip you link

Another question, how keep the wrist straigth in the backswing part of the 1 arm swing ?? My wrist broke There on my inner tight

Thank you all

Hello,

@jim16
how keep the wrist straigth in the backswing part of the 1 arm swing ??
Sure more experienced folks will answer more precisely.

I use a tight grip (full tension in hand). I try to "crush" the handle of the bell. This implies a great forearm extensor / flexor work so it stabilizes the bell. Plus, a dip hip hinge also helps.

Kind regards,

Pet'

If i read your post correctly your after wrist strength not grip strength correct?
Try plate curls,holding a weight plate,palms up,fingers underneath,thumb on top.
With the plate at your side palm facing forward curl as you do with a barbell or dumbbell.
Start with a 10 pound plate and work up.
You should feel the tendons in your wrist area really well.
Another thing you can do is load a dumbbell on just one end,grab the unloaded end hold it to your side and lever it up and down holding it to the front and then hold it to the back.
You may also hold the bar up with weight up top,arm out at a 90 degree angle and simply rotate the wrist turning the weight side to side.
These should cover all angles.
A gripper is better for gripping/crush strength and not necessarily for wrist strength.

after some research on internet,

I find that there are often elbow pain/Forearm extensor pain on kettlebell lift , and the pain can go until the wrist!!! but the problem is highter...

maybe the problem is on the backswing of the one arm swing, as i said my wrist break on the inner tight , so the arm isnt vertical all allong.

On the backswing one arm swing , the wrist/ hand have to be straight and so the arm vertical, does the arm internal rotation is good too?

- wrist curls, normal and reverse
- hammer curls
- wrist roller
- farmer walks
- one arm swing

I've had problems with my wrists for years, but I've had very little issue this year. I believe it's simply because as I got stronger, I became more adapted to the weights and increased volume over time. My wrists naturally adapted. Once in a while I overdue it as they get sore, but the old issues are all but gone. So I'd say, press a moderately lighter size kettlebell allot. That's my experience, but it takes a long time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom