all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Wrists, forearms, & grip

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Wrist pronation work and swinging a mace/hammer around seem to have done a lot to keep my elbows/forearms pain free. I think those address angles that don't typically get a lot of work in general strength training.
I second mace and club swings. Need to be eased into over weeks, though, to avoid initial tendon inflammations.

I personally do not think that adding even more of the same type of grip strength training right now would do you any good.
I agree with @Anders .
I have heard it said best, “tissue only knows load.”

If your tissues are getting too much load, they will tell you. Loading the same pattern more will likely not improve your situation. Therefore, I am inclined to say that a technique evaluation and a load adjustment (either intensity or volume, maybe both) is probably the best course of action.

So here’s a video of me doing 4th set of 8 sets of 3.

I was getting funny with the editing features. So don’t mind anything else that you see there !!! Those who can provide feedback on technique, I welcome it with arms wide open !!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom