all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed You can choose 1 exercise for the rest of your life.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MattM

SFG1
Other than the kettlebell swing, that's too obvious a choice.

Mine would be the trap bar deadlift. Second place would be farmers carries.

You get unlimited resistance, just choose the movement.

Barbell deadlift or kettlebell military press - that would be a tough choice, but I think deadlift would win.

-S-

If I say barbell clean and press, do you count it as only one exercice?

Of course, after you clean the weight, you go down to a deep front squat, recover, and press the weight overhead.
I feel like I beat the system a bit more.
To be honest, it is just one exercice I practiced with my Olympic lifting coach, but I think that if I REALLY had to choose one, that would be it. :)

I really, really love pressing. Even better if the clean counts in as well. I'll take the kettlebell clean and military press.

I would say running, trail running to be more precise. Thats as primal as it gets!

But in terms of a loaded exercise I´d go for the Get-up. Im not very familiar with the benefits of snatches or bent presses (yet) but I´ve done my share deal of barbell lifting and am amazed how hard and well doing the Get-up is.

I was also going to say barbell clean and jerk. Or a strict muscle up, assuming that I also get to stay injury free and can do one.

Last edited:
Barbell deadlift?
Military press?
Clean & Press?
Get-up?
Long cycle?

Yes.

Good to hear nobody said Peck Deck (yet).

If sports/sprinting/skiing don't count as exercises (and if they do this is a really horrible hypothetical situation), I'm picking the bent press.

If sports/sprinting/skiing don't count as exercises (and if they do this is a really horrible hypothetical situation), I'm picking the bent press.
originally they didn't, but now that you have my attention would you like to disclose what your favorite sport is?

Sure, and I hope you knew I meant horrible to live in, not a horrible thought-experiment.

I grew up playing soccer mostly, and a lot of other sports in some pickup version (base/wiffle/soft ball, tennis, football). But mid-HS, my brother and his friends---back from college---brought ultimate into the mix, and I fell in love with it. (Frisbee is technically trademarked, so ultimate ends up having some vague/funny names; I really like "flatball" :D.) Although many hear it and don't think it as very athletic, it is quite the opposite. A lot of sprinting/cutting, jumping, and diving; and the people who can throw well with a mark are extremely impressive to watch. Played it all through college, and am going to look for a community league once I'm settled.

Here's a taste if you've never seen it before:

I also love skiing, but I've never competed in that so I consider it recreation.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom