all posts post new thread

Old Forum Your ROP experience

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've finished on Sunday. It felt great to finish, and I thought I give it a try to see how much stronger did it make me.

40K (24+16 as I only have 32) right hand failed. 36K(20+16) left hand went up!

Had two days off and tried again today.

Managed to put 40K(24+16) up with both hands this time. Can't really say MP as there was some side bend. Still I feel I've improved a lot, as two years ago 36K wouldn't even budge. So this was great and I'm definitely going to do this again.

Steve, thanks for the nudge, there is a course and cert both within driving distance this summer. It would be awesome to get some live instruction!

My own experience with ROP. When I started it 4 months before my level 1 cert I was 122lbs and could BARELY press a 20kg for a double on each side. I went through it completely with a 16kg, then was able to complete the ROP with a 20 kg and PR'd at my cert with a 28kg R/L weighing 129lbs. Great strength gains and mass gains from ROP. At my level 2 cert I spoke about one of my clients that was mentally STRONG enough to stick to the ROP for 8 months. He went from not being able to do a SINGLE  BW pull-up and pressing a 24kg for a triple on each side to pressing a 48 kg R/44kg L and doing a strict tactical pull -up with 48kg!!!!  If you follow the program as written and really put your focus into each clean and press, pull up being as STRICT and TENSE as possible you will see amazing STRENGTH gains.

Thanks Chief!

Now I have to keep working hard to be able to strict press that 40 by the end of August. Will take a few weeks off from presses then I'm starting ROP again with 28.

To add, something, different type of programs can be sustained for different periods of time.  E.g., a typical powerlifting cycle is 8-12 weeks long; a traditional bodybuilding program 6-8, a crash strength plan like RSR is 6 weeks, etc.  The nature and progression of loading determines the duration.  

ROP was purposefully designed to be sustainable for many-many months.  It does not stop working; you simply quit.

Pavel, has anyone been known to take the ROP all the way from the 16kg to the beast?

NJRick, let my wrist heal and I will do it ;)

When I started I started without being able to press the 16kg, was a wreck after long period of depression and sickness. I have pressed the 40kg. Also went from like 75kg to 95kg.

NJ Rick,

I started with the 16kg,now on the 24kg(and its getting light),getting a 32kg soon. I currently weigh 215-220# so to get a half body weight press I need to press the 48kg.

I may take a short break from the ROP after the 32kg to do some doubles but I plan on making it to Beast and with reps.

MilK Man, I also went from the 16 to the 24 and am about to start the 32. I weigh 190 and think I'm gonna try to go straight through without doubles!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom