all posts post new thread

Old Forum Zercher deadlift programming

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brodsky

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi all,

I'd been following PttP for a while, when I broke one of my middle fingers and was no longer able to deadlift without considerable discomfort. I've recently been playing with Zercher squats from multiple positions, then deadlifts as alternatives, and have fallen a little in love with the Zercher deadlift (I'm no Karelin, but am definitely a grappler). I have very good mobility/flexibility, and so am not overly worried about form injuries as long as I take it slow and steady. BUT: are Zerchers meant to be plugged in to a PttP format? Or are they an exercise meant for more intermittent practice?

Thanks!
-Joseph

I also love the zercher squat.  I've done them as part of  a 5 x 5 workout, and I'm currently doing them on my variety days during ROP.  I see no reason why they couldn't work in a PTTP format.

Zerchers work fine with pttp. Certainly can be done other ways as well, but pttp will do the job. Would not go the straps route here.

Jason -> Was of the impression that the OP was talking about plugging in Zercher Deadlifts in a PttP format.

" and have fallen a little in love with the Zercher deadlift (I’m no Karelin, but am definitely a grappler). I have very good mobility/flexibility, and so am not overly worried about form injuries as long as I take it slow and steady. BUT: are Zerchers meant to be plugged in to a PttP format? Or are they an exercise meant for more intermittent practice?" 

I see them in the same category as Bent Presses, if you do them, keep reps LOW (as in singles) and make sure you have 100% focus.

Just for  my own info, you would prefer someone not to deadlift at all instead of deadlifting with straps?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom