all posts post new thread

Barbell Zercher Squats with Eleiko Trap Bar?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

barrak

Level 6 Valued Member
For those who have tried it with the Eleiko open trap bar, how much zercher squat depth restriction does it have, if any? Would appreciate general comments from first hand experience. A picture or a video would be great.

In theory, the fat tubing will be easy on the elbows.

Well that will probably depend on a few factors, the first being the height of the lifter. and then the size of the bar. Why don't you take some measurements of how far from the ground crooks of your arms are and then compare it to the measurements of the bar and then the diameter of your plates? From there it's just addition and subtraction.

Well that will probably depend on a few factors, the first being the height of the lifter. and then the size of the bar. Why don't you take some measurements of how far from the ground crooks of your arms are and then compare it to the measurements of the bar and then the diameter of your plates? From there it's just addition and subtraction.

I'm looking at both this bar and the similarly designed Vulcan OX trap bar. I can't find detailed measurements for either. Nor can I find videos of zercher squats with either on the net. The following video, however, highlights my concern. The trap bar used here severely limits the zercher squat depth. It does not limit the squat stance, though.

I'm looking for feedback on both depth and stance limitations.

Why not stand on some plates or a box or something to reduce/eliminate any potential restrictions?

Given the spacing between the kick stands, that would be too fine a balancing act for my taste when going heavy (for me). I train alone at home and wouldn't risk a tripping hazard. Good idea though. I can use it to go deep with light to moderate loading if the restriction is there.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom