all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Zone 2 cardio question

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I want something like the Food Pyramid for cardio
There you go:

PB-Fitness-Pyramid-2016update-7.20.jpg

Of course, folks on here are not representative of the general population.

If most people followed Sisson's pyramid, I suspect they would be doing very well from an overall health perspective.
If most people used common sence and moved more and eat less they do alot better than today.

Of course, folks on here are not representative of the general population.

If most people followed Sisson's pyramid, I suspect they would be doing very well from an overall health perspective.

That doesn't make it correct.

CDC guidelines:

"Muscle-strengthening activities

on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms)."

You're not going to do that in 10 minutes.

A summary of polarized training according to Stephen Seiler:

Here is some info on zones and their relationship to breathing according to Inigo San Millan

That being said, there is also the apporach of Easy Interval Training by Klaas Lok, which follows principles similar to StrongEndurance principles, namely training at the desired intensity in short repeats, preventing the buildup of unwanted byproducts, and recovering aerobically between repeats.

That being said, there is also the apporach of Easy Interval Training by Klaas Lok, which follows principles similar to StrongEndurance principles, namely training at the desired intensity in short repeats, preventing the buildup of unwanted byproducts, and recovering aerobically between repeats.
That sounds like the Tempo Intervals that Joel Jamieson uses (which he took from Charlie Francis). I use them now, and they feel great. Not sure what their performance benefits are apart from active recovery though.

I agree… good summary. One thing that I liked that he pointed out early on (and something we lose sight of at times in our discussions) is that the various zone transition points (like AeT for example) can be different for different training modalities. Running, cycling, rucking, swimming, rowing, etc…

I agree… good summary. One thing that I liked that he pointed out early on (and something we lose sight of at times in our discussions) is that the various zone transition points (like AeT for example) can be different for different training modalities. Running, cycling, rucking, swimming, rowing, etc…
Although I've understood that, I didn't really have a good explanation, but started to make more sense to me when he broke it down into cellular steady state and systemic steady state as to why that would be the case.

Back
Top Bottom