all posts post new thread

Old Forum Zsquat to back squat

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mordecai989

Level 1 Valued Member
What is the carry over for zsq to bsq? I’ve started getting back into powerlifting since kettlebells are messing my hands up(thinking CTS or arthritis) and I’m slowly rehabbing them with Captains of Crush gripper but barbells never bothered me… I started doing the ZSQ in order to build more strength than bulk and going to do 6 weeks of BSQ twice a year so I was wondering when the time comes if it would be possible to keep the same weight when switching back and forth or would I have to take a day or two the week before to find where I’m at

When switching over to a different technique, I wouldn't be overly concerned with load right away. I would take a couple weeks to find the new groove then slowly add weight. Easy Strength is perfect for this.

I think you should take a couple of days off and see where you're at for both lifts. Their load is both on a different spot of your body, compositions change etc. If you can hold more than 500 pounds or something in the crooks of your elbows, my respect to you.

The carryover from zercher squat to back squats is the bracing aspect. Nothing gets you more tensed and braced than a zercher squat (they're like double KB front squats, only more difficult). The tension is spread throughout you're whole body. You also get amazingly strong abs, that's a huge carryover to back squats, especially when you go higher in reps.

Patrick, what do you mean by "kettlebells messing up my hands"?

ZSQ carries over to BSQ very well.

I always thought it was because I was lacking in grip strength because it only happens after a very taxing session when I push myself a little too far

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom