We are extremely pleased to launch a new way to GET StrongFirst: our official StrongFirst Podcast, with hosts Craig Marker and Scott Iardella.
StrongFirst Podcast Episode – 01
Introducing the StrongFirst Podcast. In this first episode, Craig and Scott discuss StrongFirst Principles and what you can expect from the new StrongFirst Podcast.
- 01:05 – Who are your hosts?
- 01:08 – Scott Iardella
- Former physical therapist – it’s a big part of how he trains.
- Current SFG Team Leader and part of StrongFirst.
- 01:56 – Craig Marker
- StrongFirst Senior Instructor and Scientific Advisor.
- Has done a lot of research with Pavel.
- 02:18 – What is the StrongFirst podcast?
- Another opportunity to get great StrongFirst information out there.
- Will bring a lot of guests who will talk about how StrongFirst has helped them and how they use our principles in their practices.
- Plan Strong – a methodology for using strength and keeping you healthy.
- Strong Endurance – a system that aids conditioning.
- This is another way to educate and serve the audience – people within and outside our StrongFirst Community.
- 05:08 – What brought Scott to StrongFirst?
- He decided to pick up a Kettlebell after reading Pavel’s book Enter the Kettlebell.
- After a workshop, he realized he was doing everything wrong.
- The methodology he learned from Pavel has been game-changing.
- After years training as a bodybuilder, he’s been reintroduced to the barbell.
- It’s been a journey and a big part is helping other people do the same.
- 09:00 – What brought Craig to StrongFirst?
- He started learning how to strength train through bodybuilding magazines.
- When Pavel wrote articles in magazines, they were completely different.
- It was a challenge to him to do the certification and then become a kettlebell instructor.
- 11:20 – Coming Soon
- Brett Jones – Chief Kettlebell Instructor and Director of Education coming up as a guest.
- Some clinicians will talk about using kettlebells for rehabilitation and “pre-habilitation.”
- 12:55 – Get ahold of your hosts at:
- Twitter: Scott @rdellatraining; Craig @antifragileself
- 13:28 – Find resources, local trainers, and certifications on the StrongFirst website.
- Certifications are for people from all walks of life.
- 01:08 – Scott Iardella
Once I was introduced to the methods from Pavel, I started to realize how little I really knew about strength training and movement. Click To Tweet
The StrongFirst Podcast is a way to educate and serve our audience both within and outside the StrongFirst Community. Click To Tweet
Spend one day at a workshop - it will change your life. Click To Tweet
Listen on Stitcher