all posts post new thread

Old Forum Question about ROP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ciderman

First Post
I am going to start doing ROP on monday with 24 kG kettlebell. I have few questions regarding rop. I work set days but they are long days. I wake up 5.30 am and i wont be home until 10 pm. I do 3 of those days a week, so i work on my days off. Rop is set on certain days is it vital to do the excercises exatcly on the right days? Will it work if i change the days? Or should i workout after my long day?

If you can't commit a certain time to a program perhaps do something else?? There are other great programs like ROP that fits your busy sked

I think as long as you are getting in your Light, Medium, and Heavy days with the proper amount of rest in between the start date of the week really shouldn't matter.

Plot out your week with the RoP template, put it to work, get stronger, and keep working till you finish.

Let us know how it goes!

The days are not rigid, and the book even gives several suggestions about how to spread our the workouts.

I'm 58 years young and I'm doing a program of my own design that I modeled on the ROP, and I spread the week out to be longer than 7 days if I fee I need extra recovery, e.g., I just did 2 "weeks" of ROP spread out over 3 weeks - this is about as far as I'd stretch it, and I prefer to keep it closer to 8 or 9 days if I'm not completing a light/medium/heavy rotation in 7, but 10 or even 11 can work.    I think there is actually quite a lot of flexibility in the schedule.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back