all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Eldorado Experiment

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Denys Carthusian

Level 6 Valued Member
Well, folks. I'm about to add Prolotherapy injections starting in June. We will start with my S1 and associated structures in hip guided by ultrasound. Depending on how I respond we'll leave the ankle for Phase 2, and that may be Prolozone depending on what the cartilage looks like after x ray. This will be after finishing up 6 - 10 treatments of lumbar decompression concentrating on the L5-S1 junction.

Likely won't give any updates until we're complete and see some functional improvements, but, in the meantime I'm under strict orders to start upping my testosterone and thyroid function game and part of that is throwing deadlifts and hill sprints into the mix as my S&S schedule allows.

For those curious, I chose a Casey Viator clickbait title thread so I could find the post easily for updates.

Do you mind if I ask what your underlying condition is, brother?
It may be congenital but since about 2009 chronic imbalance on my right side and although it manifests in the thoracic spine is actually originating in the S1/L5 junction on my right side. Hence I have weaknesses all the way down to my ankle and then up my right side (which is actually supposed to be my strong side) which leaves me with a consistent strength imbalance between the left and right side. Also, chronic balance issue in right leg only balancing activities.

The good news is I have good prognosis for improvement but its going to require more invasive work (not surgery) that falls more under the heading of "regenerative" therapies -- the 3 most common ones in these circumstances are prolotherapy, prolozone and PRP, in descending order based on severity of dysfunction.

The decompression is a relatively short course of treatments to get some disk re-hydration and improvement in nerve function, but we're all hoping that the injections cause a dramatic improvement after they've run its course.

It may be congenital but since about 2009 chronic imbalance on my right side and although it manifests in the thoracic spine is actually originating in the S1/L5 junction on my right side. Hence I have weaknesses all the way down to my ankle and then up my right side (which is actually supposed to be my strong side) which leaves me with a consistent strength imbalance between the left and right side. Also, chronic balance issue in right leg only balancing activities.

The good news is I have good prognosis for improvement but its going to require more invasive work (not surgery) that falls more under the heading of "regenerative" therapies -- the 3 most common ones in these circumstances are prolotherapy, prolozone and PRP, in descending order based on severity of dysfunction.

The decompression is a relatively short course of treatments to get some disk re-hydration and improvement in nerve function, but we're all hoping that the injections cause a dramatic improvement after they've run its course.
All the best with it

I read your post three times, and kept thinking I missed what the Eldorado Experiment was all about ROFL
That way if it fails I can say with a straight face that I was chasing "Fool's Gold".
All the best with it
Thank you sir. I hope that, if it works, my experience can be of help to those on the forum struggling with similar or more serious issues that might respond to these non surgical interventions.

Good luck with the treatment!

I did prolotherapy for patellar tendinopathy. I did it together with a bunch of other stuff that ended up curing me, so I probably had a positive result for me.

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom