all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Breathology and KB Recovery

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Interesting video - thank you for posting - do you (anyone else) know what breathing protocols 'Breatheology' uses?

I don't do cardio, but meditate a lot. I have noticed my cardio has definitely improved by the simple act of learning to breathe better.

If I were you (or anyone, for that matter) I would incorporate meditation into your life. Meditation should be a staple for every human being, let alone those who are interested in their well being like us here on the forum.

If you're only training your body, you're neglecting an equally huge facet of your being by not training the mind equally. And it is no secret that the body affects the mind and vice versa.

Hello,

I noticed a faster recovery since I use diaphragmatic breathing and Wim Hof Breathing.

Basically, I recover better since I do vaccum, bridge and twist holds to increase diaphragm flexibility. I practice this after each training. However, this also transfers to better breathing in general (whether I do an effort or not).

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

I noticed a faster recovery since I use diaphragmatic breathing and Wim Hof Breathing.

Basically, I recover better since I do vaccum, bridge and twist holds to increase diaphragm flexibility. I practice this after each training. However, this also transfers to better breathing in general (whether I do an effort or not).

Kind regards,

Pet'
Interesting! Are there some good sources of information for those particular holds? I am not familiar with them...

Hello,

Interesting! Are there some good sources of information for those particular holds? I am not familiar with them...
I took these exercises from Umberto Pelizzari's freediving books. I do not know if they are available in English. Their titles in English would be something like:
- Breathing for freediving
- Freediving: From initiation to performance

Most of freediving stuff are based on good diaphragmatic breathing and cardio conditioning while being relaxed.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Since most of the freediving breathing techniques originate from Yoga and Pranayama you can find them easily if you google "Yoga diaphragm vacuum". There is also a Wiki regarding this topic:
Vacuum exercise - Wikipedia

Umberto´s "manual of freediving" is available in english. But since it is out of print "available" means for severe money and nearly as rare as GN´s KB Muscle... ;) Lucky I own both.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom