all posts post new thread

Kettlebell “Die But Do” clarification

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

cmerrow

Level 6 Valued Member
Once I’ve achieved Timeless Simple on both lifts with the 32kg, i want to make sure I’m understanding the Friday goal discussed in the book:

Drop a ‘bell size by 8kg (e.g.24kg) and work to achieve 10x10 swings in 5 minutes and 10x1 get-ups in 10, correct?

Thus, improving conditioning which should carry over to condensing rest intervals on my regular training days?

My goal is to maintain Simple with the 32kg.

Once I’ve achieved Timeless Simple on both lifts with the 32kg, i want to make sure I’m understanding the Friday goal discussed in the book:

Drop a ‘bell size by 8kg (e.g.24kg) and work to achieve 10x10 swings in 5 minutes and 10x1 get-ups in 10, correct?
Yes

Thus, improving conditioning which should carry over to condensing rest intervals on my regular training days?
It can, but compressing rest on regular training days is not a goal in the context of v2.0
Focus on getting all your reps with full power and correct technique. Take as much rest as needed to do so.

The intention was to eventually work with bigger bells to hit the simple standard on your Fridays.

I’ve thought about eventually mixing S&S with PTTP (twice weekly each, four workouts total) once my standard training weight is 32kg, but for now Simple is my only goal.

The mixing of PTTP/easy strength and S&S seems to be the perfect mix of "park bench" general type training... maybe add a MAF endurance session once a week and you have 5 solid days of training that cover alot of bases and repeatable throughout the year

I’ve thought about eventually mixing S&S with PTTP (twice weekly each, four workouts total) once my standard training weight is 32kg, but for now Simple is my only goal.
ive had great results alternating two weeks of each fwiw

Awesome! Stick with it and don't get distracted, and you will surely hit it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom