all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Early Observation on Q&D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

rwleonard

Level 7 Valued Member
Just finishing my first session of my second week of Q&D. It is an interesting protocol. The thing that stands out to me the most is how it takes you right to the edge in several factors, without going over. Overall, I would say that it takes you to "this is about to suck," without crossing over into "this really sucks."

FWIW, my plan is 3 months of Q&D snatches, chased down with some Bent Pressing (back to the orginial PM!) , and a 40-60 minute MAF heavy hands walk or ruck later in the day.

Rick

Just finishing my first session of my second week of Q&D. It is an interesting protocol. The thing that stands out to me the most is how it takes you right to the edge in several factors, without going over. Overall, I would say that it takes you to "this is about to suck," without crossing over into "this really sucks."

FWIW, my plan is 3 months of Q&D snatches, chased down with some Bent Pressing (back to the orginial PM!) , and a 40-60 minute MAF heavy hands walk or ruck later in the day.

Rick
I finished my first Q&D session a short time ago. I think I now know what I mean when Pavel says a workout should leave you energized, or something like that. I won't go look for an exact quote. I did three series of swings and pushups. I was tempted to do more but I decided to stop at 3 since it was the first time. About 15-20 minutes after the practice session was over I still felt energized, almost kind of edgy like I was ready to do something or for something to happen.
I have had success with the Strongfirst approach before and I believe they are really on to something with this Q&D. I am looking forward to what kind of results I notice over the next 4-6 weeks.
I'm thinking about doing Q&D twice per week and some heavier swings and presses for a third session but I will see. Perhaps I should try 3 times per week, but I get a certain satisfaction from doing some heavier one handed swings without feeling I have to meet a schedule.
You posted this a couple of weeks ago. What are you thinking about the program at this point?
Best of luck
Robert

I am really liking it. In terms of the overall time spent, I feel like I hardly work out at all. My energy levels have not been this good for years, I find myself shadowboxing around the house and stuff. It could all be placebo effect, but the operative word there is "effect."

I have changed the initial workout a bit, as I am trying to maneuver around a shoulder injury. The bent presses and heavy hands walks had to go for now. I am doing VPP/Swings on Monday and Friday, and Snatches followed by rucking on Wednesday. The VPP's are about the only pressing movement I can do right now that doesn't annoy my shoulder. I am also GTG-ing Pistols and very light, low rep OAP's, just to practice packing to protect my shoulder for when I am healed back up.

Last edited:
I am also really enjoying Q&D. I rotate snatches and swings/pullups a few days a week. Currently, I am using a die to determine my workout for the day, so some days is barbell, others farmers walks, but most days is Q&D.
Q&D definitely leaves me ready for whatever comes after my workout.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom