all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CMHoward

Level 6 Valued Member
I've switched from S&S to Q&D.
It's a nice change of pace and has exposed some weak links.
I've read and re-read the chapters on WO protocol numerous times but can't figure out something...
I'm doing the swing-push up protocol, using a dice to determine how many cycles and doing the WO 3xs/ wk.
But...the snatch protocol....do I do it in conjunction with the swing-push up? Do I switch randomly to just the snatch protocol just to mix things up (muscle confusion)?
Do I change to the snatch protocol after a full 12 week run of the swing/push up protocol and then run that one for 12 weeks?
In other words ... I believe the swing-push up protocol is the foundation of Q&D, how and when does one integrate the snatch protocol?

It is an either or. If you are doing push-ups and swings now and are happy with it, then there is no reason to worry about snatches. You can do the snatch version the next time you take you decide to do a Q&D plan.

@CMHoward for the first 12 weeks choose one of the options - Swings + Pushups or Snatches
After that you can mix them up, meaning one day you do snatches and another day swings + pushups. Don't mix snatches with pushups! Within a sessions it's always either swings + pushups or snatches.
Reread the chapter "Each Chooses For Oneself" paragraph "Vary the Exercises" (Kindle Position 1315/Hardcopy Page 92). It's explained there with an example.

Do I change to the snatch protocol after a full 12 week run of the swing/push up protocol and then run that one for 12 weeks?
You can do that. Or 6 weeks + 6 weeks. Or not changing exercises at all. That's up to you.

I believe the swing-push up protocol is the foundation of Q&D, how and when does one integrate the snatch protocol?
Whenever you like as long as you did the initial 12 week phase.
You don't even have to start with SW+PU, I know that when I have my go at Q&D I will only use the snatch protocol.

Last edited:
@CMHoward for the first 12 weeks choose one of the options - Swings + Pushups or Snatches
After that you can mix them up, meaning one day you do snatches and another day swings + pushups. Don't mix snatches with pushups! Within a sessions it's always either swings + pushups or snatches.
Reread the chapter "Each Chooses For Oneself" paragraph "Vary the Exercises" (Kindle Position 1315/Hardcopy Page 92). It's explained there with an example.

You can do that. Or 6 weeks + 6 weeks. Or not changing exercises at all. That's up to you.

Whenever you like as long as you did the initial 12 week phase.
You don't even have to start with SW+PU, I know that when I have my go at Q&D I will only use the snatch protocol.

Thanks! That clears it up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom