all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Why the heck people are doing those flows?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sauli

Level 9 Valued Member
I have seen lately that people are doing plenty of kettlebell flows.
My uneducated opinion is that they are useless and possibly even dangerous. Some of them may look cool, but it's not really reason to do those.
I don't usually want to judge different styles or anything, but IMO those are just stupid and useless.

And If somebody do not know they are kinda single kettlebell chains, but movements are usually rotational or just weird...
Just search #kettlebellflow from instagram and you find plenty of things that we do not do in SF community usually.. and I think it's the same in gs scene too.

Any opinions about this latest kb "fad" workout phenomenom?
Feel free to disagree and if somebody like Pavel says that they are great I may even change my mind, but propably not. ROFL

@Sauli

The problem with Hardstyle kettlebell training is that it's hard work! This was the reason Pavel had to have his arm twisted by DD to release his work to the people. He didn't believe people would want to put in years of practice and take it seriously. I've seen it both ways, certified pro's who use flow videos with their shirt off to get people to click on their page and then introduce decent programming....and everything else. Most people want some novelty in their training so coach's need to recognize that as part of the deal. Flows can be used effectively as warmups and cooldowns and if that satisfies the need for some novelty in a student's program then so be it.

Last edited:
I am removing most of this thread. It's very judgmental and is nothing new - people have always used light weights, kettlebells are now popular weights.

We don't say flows are wrong, only that we don't teach them at StrongFirst.

Thanks, everyone.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom