all posts post new thread

Bodyweight GTG, how to rotate movement patterns?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

John Bye

Level 5 Valued Member
Looking for some guidance if possible:

I'd like to use GTG to improve my strength in several bodyweight exercises: pull-up, push-up (towards OAPU), dips, etc.
My normal training is a mix of fairly low volume snatch, LC, DKFSQ and press (plus aerobic locomotion).
My intention would is to focus on one GTG movement at a time.
My question is how long I should stay with one movement, before rotating to the next? Or is it better to hit a certain standard and then move on?
There are probably 4 categories I'd like to develop (horizontal/vertical x push/pull) - I'm in no rush to develop them.

Many thanks

For how long you could stay with the GTG protocol? is it a time when you need to change to the traditional trainning?

I don't think you need to change unless your situation/boredom/simply wanting to dictates that you must.

I think it works so well that many people stop doing it.

That .. and it is whether or not gtg gives them a well rounded set of results. What i mean is - people will see strength increases, but if they also see some aesthetic changes then they will probably stick with it. If they see strength increases but feel they look no better they might switch out for something else.

Richard

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom