all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell swing ladder

serjetto

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello everyone. What do you guys think about the kettlebell swing ladder? For example, in the S&S program, from time to time, when there is no heavy weight, perform ten swings with the ladder. 1,2,3,4=10 one set, or 2,3,5=10? Here is an example

Hello everyone. What do you guys think about the kettlebell swing ladder? For example, in the S&S program, from time to time, when there is no heavy weight, perform ten swings with the ladder. 1,2,3,4=10 one set, or 2,3,5=10? Here is an example

It seems like a fine idea to me. Thank you for posting it.

-S-

+1 to ladders.

I like to do ladders of 2,4,6,8,10 swings where the rungs are supersetted with rungs of 1,2,3,4,5 Hindu squat ladders. I think I got this from a Pat Flynn workout years ago. I used to run them as one long, uninterrupted circuit, but lately I've been doing them with enough rest between rungs and exercises to preserve my power and have really been enjoying it. I've also switched to explosive squats instead of Hindu squats. It's kind of like a derelict A+A, but I like it. I don't try to limit myself to 80% effort, I try to go as explosively as possible every set.

Yeah I used to use higher rep ladders for all of my ballistic training... Mainly (5,10) (5,10,15) (10,20).. just set a timer for 15-20min & crank out as many ladders as possible

Ladders are the simplest way to program kettlebell lifting and very effective. Basically you can use higher rep ladders such as (5,10,15), or whatever you want to experiment with. And use lower rep ladders for grinds.
This right here.

1. On something ballistic like swings where I am capable of doing 30+ use (10, 15, 25)
2. On grinds or heavier/moderate weight use (2,3,5,10)
3. Heaver weight stuff (2,3,5)
4. Power or higher percentage weights (1,2,3)

If you read "return of the kettlebell" you can follow the ballistic progression in there

Start with (2,4,6) ladders... Build (2,4,6,8,10) then --> (5,10) (5,19,15) (10,20)

I like hills...1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 or similar. This allows me to build intensity and then once you set is hit there are back offs for volume. I don't use them often as they create a lot of wear and tear.

Back
Top Bottom