all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed 25 minutes..S&S? Run? Or something else????

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Kettlebell ballistics will make you "heart healthy" in terms of ability to deliver short bursts of power repeatedly.

LED will make you "heart healthy" in terms of ability to sustain low effort for a long time.

Crossfit burn-out sessions, a loathe as they may be around these parts, will make you "heart healthy" in terms of ability to sustain continuous high effort longer. Most of us simply don't ever need to do that. I think doing S&S at an pace that forces a continuously-elevated heart rate starts to put it in this category.

There's no magic bullet that will give you all the benefits. Sure, there's carryover, but you gotta be realistic about the amount. And "all we ever need" is far too loaded of a term, because nobody can predict what you need. But, my opinion, no, S&S is not "enough". I am not willing to leave the LED benefits on the table, nor am I foruntate enough to simply be genetically predispositioned to not need to train to get them. Want all the benefits? Gotta do all the training.

I've said before, whenever somebody asks the question "do I really need to do X," the answer is pretty much always yes. Nobody ever asks if we need to eat more bacon, we just do it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom