all posts post new thread

Guidance on planning programme

Lifter

First Post
Hi

Hope everyone is well,

I’ve been doing lots of background reading with the Enter the kettlebell, Simple and sinister, and Power to the people Pavel books and now looking to make some changes to my existing programme. I’m 39m and have a background in mainly endurance cycling, 100-200miles per week but have shifted to more strength focus.

My current programme includes 2 x HIIT training per week body weight exercises with 4 x 20 press-ups 4 x 20 sit-ups, 4 x 20 squats , 4 x 30 split lunges, 4 x 30 step ups, 4 x 20 tricep dips, and 4 x 20 dorsal holds, along with 5 x 5 11kg bicep curls. This is Monday and Friday.
Also 1 x 30min zone 2 run Wednesday. Plus a 4-5 5-10 mile bike rides at fairly steady intensity zone 1-2.

Having started simple and sinister , or more the simple with kettlebell swings and the get ups it is a job to do all of it and feel there needs to be a shift to prioritise the focus.

The goal is building strength and hypertrophy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel I’ve build a good base layer up with the HIIT and don’t want to loose any of this benefit more move to now using weights for strength training and also keep some cardio in there.

Abit lost with it at the moment so grateful for any guidance to get some clarity and direction,

Thank you in advance

Hi

Hope everyone is well,

I’ve been doing lots of background reading with the Enter the kettlebell, Simple and sinister, and Power to the people Pavel books and now looking to make some changes to my existing programme. I’m 39m and have a background in mainly endurance cycling, 100-200miles per week but have shifted to more strength focus.

My current programme includes 2 x HIIT training per week body weight exercises with 4 x 20 press-ups 4 x 20 sit-ups, 4 x 20 squats , 4 x 30 split lunges, 4 x 30 step ups, 4 x 20 tricep dips, and 4 x 20 dorsal holds, along with 5 x 5 11kg bicep curls. This is Monday and Friday.
Also 1 x 30min zone 2 run Wednesday. Plus a 4-5 5-10 mile bike rides at fairly steady intensity zone 1-2.

Having started simple and sinister , or more the simple with kettlebell swings and the get ups it is a job to do all of it and feel there needs to be a shift to prioritise the focus.

The goal is building strength and hypertrophy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel I’ve build a good base layer up with the HIIT and don’t want to loose any of this benefit more move to now using weights for strength training and also keep some cardio in there.

Abit lost with it at the moment so grateful for any guidance to get some clarity and direction,

Thank you in advance
Do you also wish to keep up your cycling?

Do you also wish to keep up your cycling?
Hi yes would hope to continue cycling but not to the same level of endurance, perhaps 10 miles x 1-2 x per week and maybe a few 4mile recovery rides.

Grateful for any suggestions, thank you

Back
Top Bottom