all posts post new thread

Old Forum 36kg getup

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Buffalo

Level 5 Valued Member
Progress with my 24kg on s&s is coming along great. Still doing two hand swings as I have not got the one hand swing down. But 100 swings and 10 getups are around 25 min at a comfortable pase.

My wife got me 2 comp bells for Christmas. A 24 and a 36. I have left the 36kg in the corner undouched, except for the occasional pick it up to remind me how heavy it is! I finally got the nerve to attempt the getup with it. One left hand and one right hand. I kept my form as good as possible. I realy understand zipping up better. I could feel all the places that I didn't have enough tension. But I'm happy to say I completed both getups.

Now it will be put back in the corner until I'm ready to start including it in my training!

Skipping the 32 and going to the 36 is like going straight to the double dog dare.

Congratulations on getting one rep on each side!

I rarely do things the easy way. I know it will take a little longer. But I'm hoping it will make the transition to the 48kg easier in the end.

Congrats.  Just got a 40kg and felt the same thing.  A little wobbly but can do a few reps each side.

I wish somewhere close by had the 106lb so I didn't have to pay shipping! The largest I can get is 88.

Put a quarter in a jar every time you do a getup with your 36 until you have enough money to order a 48.

Great idea Jeffery. I will do that. May do a buck every set of 10 with the 24kg. Just to get a kick start.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom