all posts post new thread

4" axle deadlift

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
I have a meet coming up that has a "trump deadlift" competition. You can either rep out on a 2" axle or a 4" axle, any reps on the 4" beat any reps on the 2".

The problem is I don't have a 4" axle (I've never actually seen one).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to train for this?

Also they mention that straps are allowed... Do you think I can pull off using stone straps as giant figure 8's? Rule number one of strongman is don't ask if something not specifically banned is against the rules... So would rather not bring it up to the meet director.

I have a meet coming up that has a "trump deadlift" competition. You can either rep out on a 2" axle or a 4" axle, any reps on the 4" beat any reps on the 2".

The problem is I don't have a 4" axle (I've never actually seen one).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to train for this?

Also they mention that straps are allowed... Do you think I can pull off using stone straps as giant figure 8's? Rule number one of strongman is don't ask if something not specifically banned is against the rules... So would rather not bring it up to the meet director.
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and grab 4" PVC pipe and foam pipe liners. Put the pipe liners around the bar and then slide the PVC pipe onto the liner. It looks weird but it works. The pipe liner and PVC pipe should hold up to several hundred pounds. At the least everyone in your gym will think you are straight up crazy!

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and grab 4" PVC pipe and foam pipe liners. Put the pipe liners around the bar and then slide the PVC pipe onto the liner. It looks weird but it works. The pipe liner and PVC pipe should hold up to several hundred pounds. At the least everyone in your gym will think you are straight up crazy!
I like that idea, the pipe on its own seemed a bit to fragile. Thanks!

You can’t do deadlift reps on that massive dildo from the other competition? It looked like at least 4” girth lol

You can’t do deadlift reps on that massive dildo from the other competition? It looked like at least 4” girth lol
If not more.

Unfortunately one of them didn’t make it through the competition and the other is I guess at the event runners house. Probably a lamp now or something.

Have a link to the meet? I'm interested to see print mention of a 4" axle. Seems excessive to me. I was looking through the USAWA rulebook and most things max out at about 2-1/2", which is also the diameter of Rolling Thunder and similar.

-S-

Have a link to the meet? I'm interested to see print mention of a 4" axle. Seems excessive to me. I was looking through the USAWA rulebook and most things max out at about 2-1/2", which is also the diameter of Rolling Thunder and similar.

-S-

first the continental clean and now this? USAWA needs to step up their game.

-S-
4" axle is insane! My axle bar is about 2inches and that is crazy enough.

Back
Top Bottom