all posts post new thread

Old Forum 40 day program with shoulder injury

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Craig Fern

Level 5 Valued Member
I recently discovered kettlebells and Pavel’s work over the past 4 months and have read several of Pavel’s books , including PTTP, ETK and super joints. This forum and community have been an incredible source of information.

I have a nagging shoulder injury over the past year that is limiting how I can train. I was diagnosed with a rotator cuff tear and AC joint impingement last year. The shoulder is slowly getting better but deadlifts and pull ups seem to aggravate it so these are out for now. I have been working on my swings and have been slowly increasing the weight. I have worked with an RKC instructor ( no strongfirst instructors in my area) and recently did the one day strongfirst kettlebell course in NYC. I haven’t done any pressing movements in over a year so I am very slowly learning the TGU.

I am 52 years old and pretty lean at 5’11 and 155lbs. My goals now would to be to increase my strength without exacerbating my shoulder injury.

I was thinking of doing the 40 day program with this set up and was wondering if this is an appropriate set up given my current limitations or should I set it up another way?

Warm up

Deadhangs from pull up bar (this seems to be helping my shoulder tremendously)

Various warm up exercises as outlined in Pavel’s books

Armbar/TGU

Front squat  2x5

Barbell hipthrusts 2x5

DB row 2x5

Push ups (slowly increasing these as tolerated)

Ab pavelizer 2x5

Swings 40lbs one set of 25

Do this 4 days a week and add in one or two conditioning days of hill sprints or jumping rope

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom