all posts post new thread

Old Forum Antifragile - Great Summary

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kb dan

Level 3 Valued Member
If case you haven't had a chance to read Antifragile yet, this is a great article by Art of Manliness that sums up the gist of what it's about.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/12/03/beyond-sissy-resilience-on-becoming-antifragile/

It's a pretty great read. If you have some time, de-sissyfy yourself and give it a gander. If you have read or listened to Pavel read Simple and Sinister, he mentions this book a couple of times in it, in addition to mentioning it in some of his articles.

PS - If any of you strong dudes haven't checked out Art of Manliness yet, you are missin out!

Thanks for posting, Daniel.

I've been considering reading Antifragile. The thing is, I have read a lot of philosophy books, more than I can remember, and almost all the recent books published but one have left me disappointed, simply because an article could explain everything without having to read an entire book. This reservation has stopped me so far, and yet Antifragile seems almost compelling enough to purchase.

I'm really liking the concepts of Antifrahilitythough.

Thanks for posting, Daniel.

I've been considering reading Antifragile. The thing is, I have read a lot of philosophy books, more than I can remember, and almost all the recent books published but one have left me disappointed, simply because an article could explain everything without having to read an entire book. This reservation has stopped me so far, and yet Antifragile seems almost compelling enough to purchase.

I'm really liking the concepts of Antifragility though.

Daniel, thanks for the link! Not sure if I'd want to read the whole thing, but the summary is great.

The Art of Manliness got me into kettlebell training 5 years ago.  This article is a gem.  Thanks for sharing Daniel!

@Andrew - I completely agree with you on the "I won't buy the book if I can just read an article" but when you have a 2 year old to play with every night before bed, the summary articles are a blessing :)

I still plan to purchase this book though and read it when I can. Antifragile seems like a really cool concept and identifies well with "Strength has a greater pupose"

Daniel, thanks for posting.  It's a great book, fun, and very relevant to training.  It reminds me of some of Dan John's writing on the whole learning process.  There's an art to intentionally making mistakes for the sake of gathering information.

Great heads up, Daniel!  I was exposed to AOM when it first started.  Brett and Kate are "Hardstyle."    I taught a short term class three years ago shortly after their second book came out and it was built around it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom