all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anyone reach "Simple" doing 2 sessions per week?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cr3do

Level 1 Valued Member
As the title says, has anyone reached the Simple target doing 2 S&S sessions per week?

I train BJJ/grappling 4-5 times per week, and can only relistically fit in 2 S&S sessions per week to compliment my BJJ training.

Has anyone done somthing similar? Cheers.

It seems like you are looking for authentication where it is not necessary. S&S can be a standalone GPP program if done 3-6 times per week. As I see it, your GPP is good to go with 6 sessions per week, BJJ+S&S.

As an aside, I would encourage a recovery /active rest day.

As for hitting the Simple metric, if you are dedicated then you will realize your goal. Just know that your timeline is based on your priorities and the variables that follow.

Basically, how long to get a blue belt if an athlete were to train 2, 3, or 4 days per week? What if they wrestled in high school or college? Or, are now de-conditioned?

In the end, no number stands alone. Set healthy priorities, be diligent and drive on.

I hope you have a healthy, prosperous and strong 2016.

As the title says, has anyone reached the Simple target doing 2 S&S sessions per week?

I train BJJ/grappling 4-5 times per week, and can only relistically fit in 2 S&S sessions per week to compliment my BJJ training.

Has anyone done somthing similar? Cheers.
I reached blue belt training twice a week every week. I still made it to my goal. It took me longer than the blues who trained 4x per week but most people quit before ever becoming a blue. I think the same will apply in reverse but you have to just do it and stick with it. I bet you will surprise yourself.

For me I was training with S and S 5 times a week with Krav M and bjj thrown in but the focus was on S and S. I don't have time to commit to 4 days a week bjj/Krav but that's ok. When I took a few days off from S and S it noticed it, particularly in the get up. Moving to a 32 and achieving simple is where the magic happens.
Good luck

"And in those simple beautiful movements I remembered what was really important in training; that consistency trumps intensity; all the time. That intensity is born from consistency. That one cannot force it, one has to lay in wait for it, patiently, instinctively, calmly and be ready to grab it when Grace lays it down in front of you to take it." ~ Mark Reifkind.

what is your limiting factor in reaching "simple"?

Is it attainable doing only two sessions twice a week? I believe so.

It won't be easy and you have to follow a smartly designed approach

S&S is meant to be done almost every day - which is why the volume is so low.

IMO if you can only do two days and still only want to do those two lifts, then you might be better either having one 'swing day' and one 'getups day' where you just hit a decent humber of swings or getups for 45 - 60 minutes

OR

something like Andrew Read's 'program maximum' where you just do 20 minutes of heavy getups, followed by 20 minutes of heavy swings (e.g. 10 swings every minute for 20 minutes)

If its the only strength training you're doing, it would probably be best to find a way to get a third session in each week. The program is based on at least 3 times a week as a stand alone routine.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom