all posts post new thread

Old Forum Are push up handles any good?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
In my opinion, the "perfect pushup" is one which can be done properly, anywhere and anytime, without any equipment.  One begins to lose one of the greatest advantages of bodyweight strength training as the equipment requirements mount.  There are just so many pushup variations available with only your hands, why not experiment with them all before spending money on handles?  And, if you decide you like that sort of pushup better, look for something you already have that could replicate the movement while serving another primary purpose (dumbbells, for example).

I never saw any reason to get them. Normal push ups should be pretty comfortable.

if you want a fuller extension then use 2 kettlebells  - but I agree with the above - don't waste the money.

Several years ago I bought a pair of "Perfect Pushup" rotating handles. At the time, regular pushups hurt my wrists, and they helped. They also extend the range of motion and bring the wrist into play (like pushups on knuckles). So, I used them and thought they were worth it for those reasons.

Now, I might use them once in a while, but usually just do regular pushups without them. My wrists have gotten to where the extension doesn't bother them as much.

Hello Adam Butrym,

I never saw any reason to use them either. If you want to increase range of motion I suggest starting to work your pushups on rings, which will provide a whole new challenge by itself.

Good luck.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom