all posts post new thread

Old Forum Beast Tamer inspired program help

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Yaroslav

Level 1 Valued Member
Greetings, Comrades!

The time has come for me to plan my practice anew. Getting armed with a some understanding of StrongFirst principles and psychophysical development systems like yoga, I've tried to create a program, which would suit my needs.

My goals are: strength emphasis through three chosen lifts mastery with a slight muscle hypertrophy and conditioning improvement. I've decided to add the fourth lift into work to compensate the lack of lower body pulling movement and the lack of conditioning work. Rest days with yogic active recovery are supposed to speed up body restoration.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday:

Joint mobility for warm-up

— Clean-and-Press

— Weighted Pull-Up

— Pistol Squat

— Swing

Main lifts are C&P, Pull-up and Pistol — ladders performed in a slow circuit.

Swings are performed in rounds after finishing all the strength-circles.

M/W/F are varied in intensity. Easy/medium/hard or 3/4/5 ladders, thus about swing rounds quantity respectively.

Yoga should be possibly placed onto off-days as an active rest and even extended to full sessions with moderate intensity, including meditation and breathing exercises. Get-ups or pumps, halos and goblet squats could be added to joint mobility, even replace it.

So, please, does this template make sense? Am I going to hit my goals? Do I correctly understand the potential of yoga applied to this (or any other) kind of template?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom